Cisco Services Ready Engine (SRE) modules are router blades for the second generation of Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR G2) that provide the capability to host Cisco, third-party, and custom applications. A service-ready deployment model enables branch-office applications to be provisioned remotely on the modules at any time.
SRE modules have their own processors, storage, network interfaces, and memory, which operate independently of the host router resources and help ensure maximum concurrent routing and application performance.
- Versatile platform for hosting Cisco, third-party, and custom applications
- High-performance, high-availability, and high-capacity hardware
- Small physical, energy, and carbon footprint
- Centralized management and troubleshooting
- On-demand application deployment
- Simplify branch infrastructure by consolidating applications into a single device
- Provide the flexibility to make or change application placement decisions at anytime
- Respond faster to business needs by deploying applications remotely
- Save on the cost of onsite visits, utility bills, and hardware support contracts